+ Ответить в теме
Показано с 1 по 3 из 3.

Тема: How to mod Half-Life Dreamcast

Dreamer Аватар для Anthony817

По умолчанию How to mod Half-Life Dreamcast

I got this from another site, but these look to be the best directions I could find on how to make a PC mod work on a Dreamcast. I will be messing around with it myself and might make a package for others to make mods with.

- Take HLDC. Copy the contents of the CD to the HDD.
    - Copy all the files required for your Mod into the VALVE folder of where you copied HLDC
    - Create the mod into a cdi
    - Burn the files you just copied to your HDD (of HLDC)

Things you can try to get mods to work:

- Every extra WAD/PAK file for the Mod needs to be extracted to folders -- so they're not in their wad/pak files anymore. This poses a problem because it might make the game too big to burn

- Use a HL WAD/PAK editor to manually edit in all the files for said Mods, but still keeping all the files HLDC requires to run -- IE all the graphics for the menus, etc. (Just overwrite the maps, weapon models, enemies and scripts) - This unfortunately is not entirely user-friendly.

- Don't try to overwrite everything in the VALVE folder, instead, overwrite everything in the BARNEY (BlueShift) folder.

If anybody can write a better description of how to do this please be my guest. I just think we should have this for people to see how easy it is to make their own mods on a Dreamcast. Would also be great if we had a sticky of this.

Dreamer Аватар для Divagante

all this is correct anthony, but a quick note:

you do NOT have to replace files inside the .pak, you can play with the pak system, more info on such is in:

Big old master thread (please read)

On the rest, you can replace ANY (almoust) file in the valve or barney folders (were talking about two completelly different mods here) as you would on the pc

curiosity anthony, were did ya get this info?

Dreamer Аватар для Anthony817

+ Ответить в теме

Thread Information